Friday, February 24, 2012

Kidney Stones

Kidney Stones

Most kidney stones are composed of calcium and some consist of uric acid or struvite. Stones form in the kidneys when an imbalance of water, calcium oxylate, uric acid and phosphate that is normally present in the urine. Kidney stones can also form when the PH balance of the urine is abnormal or when the kidneys normal protective mechanisms are over whelmed.
Kidney stones may also form for these reasons:
• Dehydration
• Sluggish or obstructed urine flow.
• Gout, Cushing’s disease and hyper-parathyroidism
• Metabolism problems
• Chemotherapy
• Specific drugs such as thyroid medication or aluminum salts
In some cases kidney stones can completely block the urine from the kidney. This can lead to infection and possible permanent kidney damage if not treated. Kidney stones require prompt medical attention. Herbal approaches to kidney stones can help relieve mild pain when there is no obstruction or infection present. If the pain from a kidney stone is mild and manageable you can try antispasmodic herbs to help relax the ureter.
Herbal remedies for kidney stones:
Yellow Dock: blood purifier that also contains anthraquinones. Use up to 5oo milligram capsules per day, or 20-40 drops of tincture two times a day. Do not use during pregnancy.
Aloe- contains anthraquinones which is the compound that helps prevent kidney stones. 1 teaspoon after meals.
Corn silk- relaxes the urinary tubes and reduces stone formation. 4-6cups of tea per day or 1 teaspoon of tincture four to five times a day.
Slippery Elm- contains high amounts of mucilage which eases irritation and helps body tissue heal. Up to 12 370 milligram capsules per day, or 2-3 cups of tea per day, or 10-30 drops of tincture per day
Marshmallow-helps sooth irritated urinary tissues. Up to six 400-500- milligram capsules per day or 1 cup of tea per day or 20-40 drops of tincture up to five times per day.
Khella-helps relax the muscles of the ureter and urinary tubules. 250-300milligrams of extract in divided doses.
Wild Yam- an antispasmodic but not sedative. Up to 400 milligram capsules per day or 1 teaspoon tincture up to five times a day.
Skullcap- antispasmotic. 1 cup of tea 4 times a day or1 teaspoon tincture four times a day.
Valerian- antispasmotic and strongly sedative herb that helps the ureter relax enough to allow a small stone to pass. 1 cup of tea every hour or 1 teaspoon tincture every hour. Do not use if regnant.
Kidney friendly foods rich in magnesium
• Dark green vegetables
• Nuts
• Seeds
• Leguemes
• Soy products
• Whole grains
• Avocados
• Dried apricots
Foods rich in Vitamin B6
• Egg yolks
• Fish
• Whole grains
• Legumes
• Sweet potatoes
• Cauliflower
• Avocados
Magnesium and vitamin B6 help reduce stone formation.

Http://www.sunshineandherb.com
http://www.facebook.com/sunshineandherb

http://www.twitter.com/sunshineandherb

1 comment:

  1. I had my TL a little more than a year ago when my third child was born via c-section. I was not told ANYTHING about the possible side effects of having this procedure. Since then I have experienced heavy bleeding lasting sometimes 3 weeks out of the month, weight gain, severe mood swings. Severe cramping, changes to my libido, severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts, headaches, migraines, many new symptoms & older issues are now exacerbated. The father of two of my children doesn't want me anymore. I've become too much of a pain in the ass I guess. We don't talk. We don't sleep in the same bed. I think he might really think I am crazy... & maybe I am. I feel crazy a lot of the time.
    I'm unpredictable. I feel so angry about the whole thing & now what was once a mild fear of doctors has exploded into full on white coat syndrome that causes me to have a panic attack/hypertensive emergency (severe increase in blood pressure) whenever I have to deal with them. I'm not sure what to do... I fear the next time I have to see a doctor I'll have a stroke or a heart attack from the stress & anxiety of it... what do I do? I take my time and keep searching on internet looking for natural healing that how I came across Dr Itua herbal center website and I was so excited when Dr Itua told me to calm down that he will help me with his natural remedy I put my hope on him so I purchase his herbal medicines which was shipped to my address I used it as prescribed guess what? I'm totally healed my cramp pain is gone completely I also used his Anti Bacteria herbal medicines it's works for me very well I want anyone with health problem to contact Dr Itua herbal center for any kind diseases remedies such as Parkinson, Herpes, ALS, MS, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Hiv/Aids,Cancers, Men & Women Infertility, I got his email address drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com he has any kind of herbal remedies for women & men also for our babes. I really miss my Hunni...he's a fantastic father & a good man. He doesn't deserve this. I feel like an empty shell of who I used to be.

    ReplyDelete